Eric Anderson - Showmanship Rules Lecture
Thanks for stopping by my website. If your on this page it's obvious you have received and read my email. Please take a second and download the information about my lecture. When you finished downloading the information feel free to print out a copy.
Think about this for a second - during your next
Show you tell your client if you do not receive a
Standing Ovation they do not owe you the check!
Hello Fellow Magician:
My name is Eric Anderson, and I have a question for you. Are you willing to lay it all on the line and risk NOT GETTING PAID if you did not receive a Standing Ovation during your show? Well for the past seven years this is the exact Guarantee I have put in writing for my clients!
To date I have not missed a check.
Even if you don’t perform magic for a living the point is to make your performances really, really POWERFUL!
If you’re ready to learn some incredible magic while learning the secrets to showmanship you will want to attend my new lecture The Showmanship Rules.
First off you’re probably saying Eric this sounds great, but I have never heard of you, who on earth are you and why should I listen to anything you have to say about magic.
Well I’ll be upfront and to the point:
I have never been on the cover of Genii or Magic Magazines.
I have never worked the Magic Castle.
I have never worked Monday Night Magic.
I do not have a DVD series sold in shops or magazines.
I have only worked two very small magic conventions.
I have never entered a magic competition.
I don’t have the opportunity to lecture to magicians very often even though I would love to do more.
The one thing I did do that you may be familiar with is I co-authored the best selling book
Ah-Ha! A Collection of Magical Presentations with magician David Harkey. Honestly that was so long ago I almost forgot about it myself.
Here are a few things you should know.
In addition to appearing on NBC, FOX, ABC, & CNN television programs, for the past 17 years I have had the absolute pleasure to make my living performing for complete strangers, you know them as layman.
I have performed in almost every situation/venue you can think of such as: street performing, night clubs, comedy clubs, restaurants, corporate strolling magic, after dinner corporate events, country clubs, tradeshows, theater shows, radio, television, and even a prison!
Over the years, I have been booed off stage, cussed out, spit on, forced to take less money just to pay the bills, and almost arrested for performing the watch steal.
So why would I say all of that and expect you to be interested in attending my lecture. BECAUSE it’s the TRUTH, any magician who claims they have not been through it in our art will lie to you about all sorts of things or their simply not out there performing.
Ok - enough about me let me tell you want your going to learn during my lecture. Remember my Standing Ovation Guarantee. The only reason I’m able to offer such an Outrageous Guarantee and remain confident I’m going to get my check is because of everything I have learned about performing magic for an audience of strangers.
When other performers hear about his guarantee they assume I’m asking the audience for a standing ovation by using some sort of presentational ploy or producing a Flag. That’s not the case.
What’s covered in the Lecture?
In addition to learning some powerful magic I will explain The Showmanship Rules and how to apply them to your magic and increase your response.
If you perform Close up Magic or Stage you do not want to miss this lecture. Here’s what it’s all about.
First let’s start with the magic you will learn:
The lecture opens with a performance.
- I will teach you the Opening Routine I perform in almost every single show. And why.
- The Real Work on Think a Card. Think a card is possibly the strongest effect possible with a deck of cards and I have featured this effect in my shows for more then 20 years. I will explain my impromptu routine in detail, and how The Showmanship Rules apply. This routine is an act in itself. When your finished reading this letter take a few moments and go to a computer and type in this URL in the address bar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmYYjv5Bhvo and witness a performance of the Think a Card routine you will learn during the lecture.
- Miracle on a Budget – An extremely simple effect I keep in my pocket on a daily basis. One interesting thing about this effect is just before the climax is revealed the person you’re performing it for will almost always say that’s impossible. And then the climax is revealed they are Completely Shocked and then they burst into laughter. For less then a nickel and 3 minutes of your time you will have a Powerful effect you can perform for the rest of your life. I will explain the routine and how The Showmanship Rules apply.
Here are a few of the Showmanship Rules
You will learn during the lecture.
- Why I even offer the Standing Ovation Guarantee. Here is a little secret it’s not about getting a standing ovation. I’ll explain during the lecture.
- Learn the sentence that I say at the end of my performance that brings the audience to their feet.
- The one thing you must do at least once during every performance. Even though we are all magicians it’s very easy to forget to accomplish this goal at least once.
- What your #1 goal should be when presenting every effect in your repertoire.
- I hired a very popular performer and lecturer for a show. You will never guess what the audiences favorite routine was that this magician performed. This proves it’s not just the effect. Chances are you’re already doing this routine or at least know how it’s performed, but are you doing it.
- Understands how an Audience judges an effect.
- Audience Priming – learn one thing you can add to any performance venue that will instantly boost your credibility while making your magic more effective. Oh yeah when this is applied you will have people following you around an event and practically begging you to perform for them.
- Learn what a very famous magician in our community said about himself in his introduction that completely ruined an otherwise flawless performance. The audience simply did not care about his magic as soon as this one statement was said in his intro. It’s important to remember this was said before he walked on stage and he NEVER got the audience on his side. Are you making this same mistake?
- Discover a certain type of effect that will turn your audience into a single unit.
- Why applause cues could ruin a powerful effect.
- Discover the one type of performance venue that puts you at an instantaneously disadvantage. If you have ever said to yourself I did the exact same show for two very similar audiences and one just seemed to fall flat – why? I have a possible answer you will want to consider. There are three types of performance settings you will always find yourself working. You must recognize which is which and what you must do in one of these settings to succeed. I will explain this in detail.
- Discover a presentation style that will make your Magic or Mentalism extremely POWERFUL!
- How to put yourself in performance situations that allow you to WIN every time.
This is going to be limited Lecture Tour so if your interested in learning anything I have talked about in this letter I suggest you pick up the phone right now and call me at (404) 286-2973.
Thank you a few moments of your time.
P.S. Here are a couple of testimonials about Eric Anderson.
"I must admit that when I told some of colleagues here, at Halldale Publishing, that I was going to fly this guy named Eric Anderson from Atlanta to London to perform at our cocktail party, they all thought I was crazy! Now that they have seen you in action they all agree that it was worth every single penny."
Stephen Marston Sales & Marketing Director, Halldale Publishing
“It's no easy task astonishing a room full of meeting attendees, especially at 9:10 am, in the morning but you did! I can guarantee you that no one in attendance will forget your last trick. No one believes me when I tell them the story. If someone hasn’t seen what I talking about, it is worth the price of admission and them some.”
Josh Hanson Executive Director, Business Products Council Association
"I'm Donovan Deschner the President of Magic West Limited. Through Magic West we organize numerous lectures and performances with speakers from all over the world. It's rare to find an excellent performer who can deliver an excellent lecture, and it's even rarer to find and excellent marketer that can tell the real secrets to marketing your business. Eric Anderson is an unbelievable performer, marketer and speaker that's what we call a triple threat. You will learn something from Eric Anderson book him now or attend his seminar you will not be disappointed."
Donovan Deschner - President Magic West Limited
"Just back from Eric Anderson's lecture. There is a reason this is called the X-Elent Lecture Series, and Eric should be the poster child. An all round perfect lecture. Performance to start, some marketing Q & A, explanations, some more marketing and more Q & A. A nice product package to wrap it all up. Very well paced, informative, educational and entertaining. The best money spent on a lecture in a while."
Carey Lauder - Winnipeg Canada
“Thank you for making our series of Legislative Appreciation dinners an overwhelming success. Your intriguing sleight of hand, intelligent humor, and magnetic crowd presence made each evening unforgettable for our guests. I look forward to extending another invitation for you to join us at The Governor’s Mansion.”
Maurice Perron – The Governor’s Mansion
“I would use Eric Anderson in my place and have with my Top Clients without any hesitation.”
Joel Bauer - Author of the Best selling book, How to Persuade people who don’t want to be Persuaded”